Policy learning and support to promoting apprenticeship systems and VET policy experimentation under the European Alliance for Apprenticeship.
The national VET authorities from Austria, Denmark, Germany, Luxembourg and Switzerland behind this toolbox formed in 2014 a partnership for the development of a structured and evidence based approach promoting the development of apprenticeship and dual VET systems supporting the European Alliance for Apprenticeship and co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme.
The aim of the toolbox is to offer a resource base conducive to policy learning, policy experimentation and practice development by collecting and combining the apprenticeship system building blocks from the five countries. The focus is not on one specific system with all its features, it is rather the aim to offer a rich and structured resource base, which can be combined in different ways depending upon the socio-economic characteristics of a particular country and their policy needs.
The toolbox is building on the vast experience from well-developed apprenticeship systems. The five countries have all a long record in developing and running dual based VET systems have very matured apprenticeship systems in place playing an important role for growth, employment and lifelong learning.
The national VET authorities actively involved in the toolbox are:
- Ministry of Education, Denmark
- Federal ministry of Education and Research, Germany
- Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB), Germany
- Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research, Austria
- Federal Ministry for Digital and Economic Affairs, Austria
- Austrian Reference Point for Quality Assurance in VET (ARQA-VET)
- Ministry of Education and Vocational Training, Luxembourg
- Federal Department of Economic affairs, Education and Research, Switzerland
To support the European alliance of Apprenticeship national VET authorities from Austria, Denmark, Germany, Luxemburg and Switzerland have formed a partnership, which is offering a structured and evidence based approach promoting the development of apprenticeships and work based VET systems in Europe.
Funding, Disclaimer and Publisher Details
The project received Community funding, in the form of a grant, to support development of Apprenticeship-Toolbox. All views expressed in this website are the sole responsibility of the contributing authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the European Commission or the respective organisations. Neither the European Commission, nor the national Ministries and organisations, or experts participating in Apprenticeship-Toolbox, accept responsibility for use made of the information provided in, or via, this website.
The accountability of the national authorities, concerning the updating of the website and the comprehensiveness of the information given, rests limited. The Updating of the country-specific texts remains the responsibility of each contributing national authority.
Despite careful control we assume no liability for the content of external links. The operators of the external pages are solely responsible for their content.
Editors and Publishers & Overall Content Responsibility
- Danish Ministry for Children, Education and Gender Equality
- Frederiksholms Kanal 25
- DK-1220 Copenhagen K, Denmark
- Homepage: www.eng.uvm.dk
- Contact person: Liv Maadele Mogensen
- Phone: +45 33 92 54 81
- ARQA-VET - Austrian Reference Point for Quality Assurance in VET
- Ebendorferstraße 7
- 1010 Vienna, Austria
- Homepage: www.arqa-vet.at; www.oead.at
- Contact person: Franz Gramlinger
- Phone: +43 (0)1 534 08-300
- Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB)
- Robert-Schuman-Platz 3
- 53175 Bonn, Germany
- Homepage: www.bibb.de
- Contact person: Isabelle le Mouillour
- Phone: +49 228 107-1602
- Federal Department of Economic Affairs, Education and Research EAER
- State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation SERI
- Einsteinstrasse 2 CH-3003 Bern, Switzerland
- Homepage: www.sbfi.admin.ch
- Contact person: Frédéric Berthoud
- Phone: +41 58 465 58 66
- Le Gouvernement du Grand-Duché de Luxembourg
- Ministère de l’Éducation nationale, de l’Enfance et de la Jeunesse
- 29, rue Aldringen, L-2926 Luxembourg
- Homepage: www.men.lu; www.gouvernement.lu
Webdesign and Programming:
- Danish Technological Institute (DTI)
- Kongsvang Allé 29 8000 Aarhus C
- Homepage: https://www.dti.dk/